Sunday, January 20, 2008

One week down, fourteen more to go.

I have completed my first week of this semester. It went well, but I still have a ways to go. Wednesday night I gave my progress presentation for my Senior design. I think it went really well, aside from the time I took ten seconds staring at E in a formula I had trying to remember what it symbolized (which everyone knew was the Elastic Modulus). Also, Egan frustrated me by being the only person to comment after my presentation to say that some of the numbers HE GAVE ME were incorrect in the calculations. I have no idea why he felt it was necessary to do this in front of the whole class, but no one understands that man.

Thursday was a normal day of classes and not much else. Until that night. Dave, Lauren, and I went to Sky Lounge after midnight and slept over there along with about 40 other students to be the first ones in line Friday morning to buy our Mystery Bus Trip tickets. The tickets went on sale at 7 am on Friday, and we were woken up by more students who had slept in their own beds but woken up early at 5:45. Considering we did not get to sleep until after 2, I was pretty tired Friday. BUT, I was fifth in line for the tickets, so it was worth it.

Now, you may ask, what is a Mystery Bus Trip. It is an event that our Student Activities department comes up with every year, where two buses full of students go to a number of places, overnight, and without letting any of the passengers know where the destinations are. My freshman year we went from the bus to a train station and rode on a train and then got back on the buses and went to Starbucks, and then to Cleveland's Science Museum to see an IMAX movie, and finally to a Steak n' Shake Restaurant. It was a lot of fun, and I imagine this year it will be even more fun. I was unable to go my Sophomore and Junior years because of work and such, but I WILL be going this year!!

Saturday I was able to go to work in the morning/afternoon, and then I went to PEPBOYS to pick up a new hose for my car. I installed and am happy to say that it is no longer leaking anti-freeze all over beaver County. I drove it to church today and it drove just fine.

Tonight after dinner, me and a bunch of friends (Samantha, Kelly, and Nick included) went to see Juno. This is a movie about a 16 year old girl named Juno who gets pregnant from her best friend Paulie (who she refers to by his last name, Bleeker). the picture to the left is of those two. At first she considers having an abortion, but then she changes her mind and looks for a family to adopt the baby. Through a series of events (and some of the craziest dialogue I have heard in a while) she starts to question what love is and how any two people can stay married without giving up. She realizes that Bleeker was a good friend to her and that she loves him. And the best part is that her baby is adopted and given a loving mother to raise her. Unfortunately, this new mother goes through a divorce in the movie. I think the best way to describe this movie is a mix of Napoleon Dynamite and Knocked Up. I liked it and would recommend it.

Well, it's late here and I have to work from 11:30-10:30 tomorrow. since I don't have classes I told my boss I could work whatever, and that's what I'm doing. It'll be a crazy long day, but I can do it.

No comments: